Few foods in this world elicit mouth-watering responses for me, but I will have to say the combo of peanut butter and chocolate (dark chocolate to be exact) pretty much does it every time. The glitch here is the fact that many times this combination doesn’t quite fit my nutrition profile, and can spike my blood sugar higher than Everest. So, in my quest to concoct a recipe that does meet my nutrition needs, and keeps my blood sugar to a dull roar, I present to you these incredible chocolate peanut butter protein bars. For all of my Reese’s fans out there, you’re welcome!
Makes 12 servings
1 ½ cup Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter (this is a great PB for taste and ingredient quality)
4 ounces dark chocolate chopped coarsely (I prefer Divine dark chocolate bars)
¼ cup honey
1 cup vanilla protein powder (I prefer Beverly UMP powder for nutrition consistency and taste)
1 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, add all ingredients (except chocolate) and mix until smooth
- In a 8×11.5 baking dish, press the mixture until it covers the entire base of the dish and is even
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the coarsely chopped chocolate in the microwave and melt (it depends on the wattage of your micro, but I set mine to half power for one minute at a time)
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter mixture and refrigerate for about 2 hours
- Cut into bars and enjoy chocolate PB bliss!
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories: 245, Fat: 15g, Carbs: 13g, Protein: 14g